Playing with the idea of placing cars into virtual settings, I tried several of the backgrounds. I selected and placed my husband’s 2016 into various images. I tried to select backgrounds with an angled perspective, and one that I could shift the angle if needed in Lightroom’s transform module, modify the scale, and easily add some extra foreground if needed.
These images HAVE NOT been painted… nor have I adjusted the lighting, the color balance or any of the adjustments that I would make to actually paint the image. I’m just testing cars in backgrounds at this point, to see how hard it might be. I actually did 10 in about 3 hours and it got much faster after I figured out how to adjust the background. Picking images that didn’t need any cloning was really the key to working quickly.
Here is a quick gallery of 10 test backgrounds.